I have been bitten by the travel bug! And while I plan my next trip, I begged our team to spill their secrets for successful travel. Find their tips and tricks below!
- Packing cubes: They are a lifesaver! When traveling with my family, it helps me keep everyone’s clothing organized. I also bring an extra empty cube to use for dirty laundry.
- Portable Sound Machine: My kids still both sleep with one at home and I’ve realized that I am also now accustomed to a little background noise when I sleep after hearing it on their monitors. The waves (or crickets) help us all feel right at home and make for a better sleep when we are in a hotel or new place.
- Our Dreamsoft Scarf: Of course I would say this as the co-founder and designer of this product but I genuinely find our scarf to be a travel essential. I carry two at all times. I can wear one and look fabulous and then store the back up in my bag. It keeps me cozy and becomes my secret blanket for the kids when they are cold on the plane, out to dinner etc.
- No more than 2 pairs of shoes. I’m a diehard carry on traveler and that means creating a capsule travel wardrobe. The easiest way to keep things in a smaller suitcase? Limiting your treads to no more than two. This gives you the ability to pack a pair that’s practical and a pair that’s fun and forces you to only bring things that will partner with multiple outfits.
- Travel Poncho. The perfect travel companion for a flight and an instant way to add warmth and sophistication to any outfit. I wear it on the airplane so I don’t even need room for it in my bag!
- Reusable water bottle. Whether it’s for our kiddo or us as adults, this helps keep us eco conscious and hydrated while on the road. I love that most airports now have filling stations… I feel a small thrill of victory each time I realize I don’t have to buy a $4 bottle of water!
Roll-on perfume. I really can’t stand the smell of airport on me when I get off the plane, so a quick little swipe of my rose water roll-on scent is a must to make me feel fresh and ready to go.
My JBL headphones. For me, they are much more comfortable than earbuds, and help drown out any other noises on the plane when I listen to my podcasts, audio books, playlists, etc.
When starting with zestt, I was not a scarf person. However, I can honestly say that the Travel Scarf completely changed that!! I truly won’t go anywhere without it - it’s perfect for a little cover on the plane, a pillow, and a little pop of color of sophistication when traveling. It changed my mind that comfy travel attire can be much more than hoodies
As someone who has only traveled for work in recent years, these tips make me excited for my next vacation. Where should I head to?