Behind the Brand
6 Fun Facts from the Founders
This week we take a look Behind the Brand to find out more about the co-founders of zestt orgaincs, Jess and Benita. Where did it all begin and what keeps them going? Read on to find out!
- Benita and Jess met in 9th grade and have been best friends ever since.
- Prior to starting zestt, they each owned independent businesses. In 2012 Jess joined Benita on an international sourcing trip and the two returned with the outline of what would become zestt that following year.
- zestt has 2 "t"s because the soap brand owned everything!
- What started as a lifestyle brand with decor, artwork and soft goods morphed into what you see today. In 2016, the brand became GOTS certified and found their home in organic textiles.
- After spending many years on the road, the pair designed our signature Dreamsoft Travel Scarf which quickly became the center point of our brand.
- They are excited about the future of zestt organics and constantly looking for new ways to keep our customers looking chic, sophisticated and cozy anywhere their travels take them.
From the founders: What is your favorite part about running zestt?
Besides working with my best friend? Definitely the stories that customers share about how our products brought comfort to their lives. It’s an honor to know that we are with them on big life adventures, celebrations and times when comfort is needed most.
Seeing ideas turn into physical products that customers purchase and love! The idea for our core product, the Dreamsoft Travel Scarf, came up while Benita and I were traveling for the business and freezing on an airplane. It’s been so much fun to see that lightbulb moment turn into cozy goods that ship all over the country each and every day!
No matter the destination or season, the Dreamsoft Travel Scarf is the ideal travel companion. Soft, versatile and made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, this wardrobe staple will take you from the plane to your adventures and beyond.